Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Step Right Up! Get Your Haunted Dolls...on eBay!


Okay, this is more of a "virtual Jaunt" rather than the kind of Haunt Jaunt I prefer to write about, but how could I pass up commenting about haunted dolls?

It all started last Friday when my Google alert included a link to this eye-catching title: "Yet Another 'Haunted Doll' on eBay - Lenora Piper." Kind of like the ghosts in a bottle story, I knew I had to check this out. Which I finally had time to do today.

THE INHERITANCE: HAUNTED BABY DOLLS

Apparently Leonora Piper inherited an elderly relative's doll collection. Like 200 of them. But this was not just any ordinary doll collection. As Leonora wrote:
The whole family thought she [the elderly relative] was a little "touched" in the head because she had rooms and rooms of dolls and could tell you the name and "story" of each of her girls. She had a large book containing a listing for each of the dolls. Each listing described the doll, her approximate age, name, background of her life and personality. It also described the "spirit" type in the doll and any paranormal activity associated with each "girl".

And now that she's had a chance to spend some time with the dolls, she's noticed some weird things happening. Things that hadn't happened before their arrival. Things like voices, shadows, giggling, items disappearing, even some of the dolls moving.

GULP!

WHAT TO DO WITH A HAUNTED DOLL COLLECTION?

Why sell the little darlings on eBay of course!

But to be fair, Leonora does post a sort of disclaimer by saying they're haunted. It's not like she's pawning off haunted dolls on unsuspecting collectors or anything.

What I got the biggest kick out of was at the end of her post she said something she enjoys doing is reading through eBay's "haunted" auction listings.

Say what? I'm really missing out. I don't shop eBay hardly at all, but I just may have to go browse around and check out what other kind of haunted goods are for sale.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, I don't know...I grew up with Chuckie and the even more terrifying doll from TRILOGY OF TERROR. Probably couldn't handle this! However, I have scoped out haunted jewelry on ebay.

    --Lisa
    http://authorlisalogan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the haunted jewelry browsing research for your Rion Silverhawk character...or inspiration for him???

    ReplyDelete