Monday, July 20, 2009

Ghost Adventures: Moon River Brewing Company

I finally had a chance to watch Zak and crew's investigation of Moon River Brewing Company last week. (Or, rather, the episode of it that was aired last week.)

SAVANNAH: THE MOST HAUNTED CITY?

I was sort of put off when Zak said something about Savannah being one of the most haunted cities and the guy he was talking with corrected him and said, "No, Savannah's the most haunted city."

Savannah's beautiful and I'm not going to bag on it, but I'm not convinced it's the most haunted city. What about Charleston? St. Augustine? Boston? Salem? New Orleans? Gettysburg?

However, I did some research. Savannah does have the right to make such a claim since the American Institute of Parapsychology named it America's Most Haunted City in 2002.

(However, I'm wondering if the organization's biased at all. I tried to figure out where it might be located. The "contact us" page lists a P.O. Box for somewhere in Georgia. Not to discredit the AIP. I'm just always skeptical about who's behind what.)

HOKEY: POSSESSION AND WORD-DATABASE GUN

I was sorry to see them utilizing that word gun again like they did in the Castillo de San Marcos episode. Hokey, hokey, hokey.

And as far as Nick's so called possession...maybe more a matter of acting for effect. (Which is also why I think they use the word gun.)

Which is a shame. They'd probably have a decent shot of coming up with some good evidence if they played it straight. When TAPS investigated there I remember the creepy shadow figure they caught down in the basement behind the pool table. I was really hoping the Ghost Adventures guys wold get something like that too.

EXTRA, EXTRA

Click here to read a great recap of the show by Julie for Ghost Hunters Investigations.

Click on the clip below to watch a scene with the hokey word-database gun.

2 comments:

  1. I love that--you're so astute! Yeah, you have to look into claims of "most haunted." Who says? How do you verify that? We still have yet to prove hauntings...Hmm... I take this show as an hilarious getaway for an hour on a boring Friday night. These guys are no ghost hunters, they're just playacting like kids in Superman costumes. Anything they think they know about the paranormal is seriously limited. They started out getting excited about orbs for pete's sake. It really says a lot that people with all that equipment monitoring stuff can't even get one decent EVP. This is interesting to me because I think the people have as much to do with phenomenon as the environment and obviously besides repelling most viewers, they repel ghosts too. I admit to watching them but that's because I also like the Three Stooges and not because they were experts in their field but because whatever field they chose they were hilarious doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you compared them to the Three Stoges! But even more, I'm really intrigued by your theory that people can influence phenomenon too. I think you might really be on to something there. (And the repelling comment...hilarious. I love your comments because they're always insightful, inspired, and when they're like this make me laugh too!)

    ReplyDelete